Friday, August 7, 2009

This movie wasn't a "Drag".


Dear Mr. Raimi,
I apologize in assuming that you had lost your balls. You have proved to me that you still have testicles. That you have not lost your sense of horror. I admit I was wrong.

- Robin.

Now that I got that little bit of crow de jour out of the way I can get on with reviewing Sam Raimi's return to horror, Drag Me To Hell. Even tho it was a PG-13 movie I will admit it was what it was. A fun, jumpy, gross fest that dripped of Raimi's style of mixing humor with horror. All it was missing was Mr. Bruce Campbell, but we can thank Burn Notice for that.

I can't say it was Sam Raimi's best, but I can say it was his better.

Our story begins with Christine Brown, played by Alison Lohman. She has a good job, a good boyfriend, played by Justin Long, and a happy life. Enter in an old gypsy woman, played by Lorna Raver. Christine denies the old woman an extension on her loan and this is where it gets bad. A curse was put upon Christine. A bad, foul, disgusting curse. I'm not kidding when I say disgusting.

I almost had to just walk away several times. Mr. Raimi, I tip my vomit bag to you.

Not much gore but full of gross outs. Lots of jumpy scares. Over all I enjoyed this movie more than I thought! If you're a fan of Sam Raimi's horror, buy it. If not at least rent it or get it from netflix. It's worth it.

RATINGS:

ACTING:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

GROSSNESS:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

HUMOR:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

OVERALL:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

Ashley Marie said...

5 for grossness? eeew.

TFQStudio said...

Sweet! I wanted to see this with you anyway!!! I CALL MOVIE NIGHT! Can we order pizza?!