Sunday, September 5, 2010

Making a Case.


Click the poster to go to the film's IMDb page.

I've been meaning to write this review for a while. I actually sat through this movie three times. I had too. I missed the ending the first two times. I can't remember why tho.

Damn the black outs. (KIDDING)

This is only the third movie I have ever seen with Renee Zellweger in it that I've liked. The first two being Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation and Empire Records.

Don't judge me.

Zellweger is a social worker that is very compassionate and dedicated to her work. So compassionate and dedicated she can't make time for this smoking hot child psychologist played by Bradley Cooper. What is she, completely stupid!?!?!

She has 38 cases on her plate when along comes number 39.

Case 39... You know it can't be good when it's titular in a horror film.

This case is all about a little girl named Lilith, played by Jodelle Ferland, who is falling asleep in class, her grades are slipping, and she is exhibiting behavior found in abused kids. When Zellweger goes to investigate she discovers that her parents are very distant and the father won't even speak directly to her.

When the investigation is called off Zellweger continues to snoop. She asks her police officer friend, Ian McShane, to help her. When Lilith calls her one night in distress, Zellweger & McShane (sounds like a cop show) busts in to find her parents have went completely nutter and shoved her in an oven.

This is when we learn you shouldn't fuck with Ian McShane cause he is one bad mother bitch. Best part of the fight scene is when McShane takes the father's head and introduces it to Mr. Fridge's door. It's quite impressive.

The parents are sentence to psych treatment and the little angel is entered into the system. Zellweger, being as dedicated and compassionate as she is, gets talked into taking the child into her own home by the little girl herself.

And as "creepy kid" movies go, that's when things go wrong. People start dying in horrific ways. Nobody knows why! It's a mystery! Well, unless you've seen any of these types of movies before.

I did enjoy this movie. It was directed by Christian Alvart, who directed Pandorum. It wasn't horrible. It was kinda fun! Jodelle Ferland is an amazing actress for someone that young. I hope she doesn't go the way of other child actors. Bradley Cooper wasn't bad either and as I said before, Ian McShane is one bad mother... anyway. The effects were not bad. CG was minimal, except for the hornets... oh my the hornets.

I would suggest this movie to people, but only as a renter or a downloader. I don't think I would pay twelve bucks to see it.

RATINGS:

ACTING: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

GORE:PhotobucketPhotobucket

HUMOR:---

OVERALL:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: