Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Up Coming Screamers: A look at The Last Exorcism

This is a new thing I'm trying out. I am hoping that with this new batch of horror that is on the horizon I could at least feature some of the trailers and my thoughts on them. I would also love to hear what you think of them as well!

Think of this as your sounding off platform for what may or may not be good horror.

click the poster to go to the movies IMDb page.

To start this new feature off right I figured I would present the latest film produced by Eli Roth. Originally called Cotton, The Last Exorcism is a faux documentary that follows evangelical minister Cotton Marcus on his last exorcism. Directed by Daniel Stamm, a relatively unknown director, and produced (along with Roth) by the same team that produced 2004's remake of Dawn of the Dead, The Last Exorcism looks like it may have potential. I'm just leery about the "Documentary style". We've seen it done to death and it's getting about as cliche' as 3d.


Check out the trailer & judge for yourself. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

No comments: