Sunday, October 4, 2009

Robin's Adventures in Zombieland

Once again I am faced with a difficult review to write. Like my last one I am afraid this will be one sided. Of course, it's not on the same side as Jennifer's Body. It's way on the other side.

Zombieland is the best horror/comedy/zombie/buddy movie I have seen since Shaun of the Dead. Anyone who knows me knows that that is a big thing to say.

I went into this flick expecting to get a crazy, gory, laugh filled movie. I got that! For the first time I got what I was expecting. It didn't disappoint me in any way.

Zombieland is pretty much Ruben Fleischer's directorial debut. I say pretty much because the other 2 movies are rather forgettable & the other thing is an episode of Jimmy Kimmel. He needs to do more stuff like Zombieland. Please? I'm beggin' Ruben Fleischer!

Written by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick, Zombieland is all about zombies taking over the world and 4 survivors doing what survivors do, surviving.

Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) is our hero and narrator. Columbus has these rules. They are his rules for survival. Rule #1: Cardio, Rule #2: Beware of Bathrooms... and so on (They are available in video format on YouTube). He is a quirky young man full of fears and phobias that have pretty much kept him alive.

If he were gay he would be Dut. I'm not kidding. Not even a little bit.

He meets up with Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson). This man is an ass kicker who is on a mission to find one thing, a Twinkie. He is a zombie assassin with style. From a banjo to a pair of garden clippers, anything is a weapon in Tallahassee's hands. Columbus and Tallahassee meet up with two sisters Wichita (Emma Stone) & Little Rock (Abigail Breslin) who basically jack them for all their weapons and the Escalade that they were driving.
Now take all this crazy shit that's going on and throw in this massive herd of flesh eating zombies. HA! FUN TIMES!!

I can't stop praising this movie. It had everything a girl like me could want. I will own it when it comes out. I will own the director's cut. I will own the super duper deluxe edition! WHY CAN'T I OWN IT NOW!

RATINGS:

ACTING:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

GORE:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

HUMOR:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

OVERALL:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

TFQStudio said...

GOD WHAT A GREAT FUCKING MOVIE!!!! I want to own the fucking movie maker!

Robin said...

You can't. That's slavery. LOL!

DuT said...

I feel that I should receive some sort of compensation for having my entire life (sans Zombies of course) put on the screen.

Robin said...

LMAO!! Seriously!